The Sustainability in the Curriculum committee was charged by then-Provost Ana Mari Cauce in 2012 to meet, analyze and report back regarding providing a more formalized and visible sustainability curriculum for undergraduate students at the UW.
2013 report to the Provost
- Summary of existing UW sustainability coursework and connections among units
- Student survey results and analysis
- May 28 ASUW Senate resolution and vote to support the committee's efforts
- Selected programs at other universities
- Capstone report: Integrating Sustainability into the UW's Undergraduate Curriculum
- UW Tacoma's proposed minor in sustainability
- UW Bothell:
- The 21st Century Campus Initiative
- UWB environmental sustainability web page addressing curriculum, facilities and research
- UWB Sustainability Task Force report
In 2014, the Sustainability Across the Curriculum Committee was re-convened and charged by Dean Lisa Graumlich with developing a list of 12-24 individuals who represent the beginnings of a community that would help move efforts forward.