If you are moving out of an HFS residence hall or apartment, you can donate certain items through the UW’s SCRAM (Student Cleanup, Recycle and Moveout) event. Donations will go to various local organizations including the UW Food Pantry, Northwest Center and DESC. The event runs from August 15-19, 2023. Only HFS residents can donate during SCRAM.
Accepted donation items:
- Unopened non-perishable, canned or boxed food
- Toiletries & hygiene products
- Red emergency backpacks
- If it is your last year living with HFS, please consider donating your emergency kit.
- If you plan to return to an HFS community, keep your emergency kit and bring it with you when you return.
Donation space is limited. Other items will not be accepted at donation sites. Please take home the rest of your items or donate items to nearby secondhand stores like Goodwill.
SCRAM donation sites
SCRAM donation sites will be available at:
- Cedar Apartments East
- Madrona Residential Lobby
- Mercer Building A Great Room
- Nordheim Court Community Center
- Stevens Court Community Center