UW Sustainability is looking for an undergraduate student outreach and events intern. This is a part-time position (13 hours per week) for a current student. The intern will work closely with the UW Sustainability and Campus Sustainability Fund (CSF) team to plan and develop outreach and engagement opportunities, as well as be the point person for organizing and coordinating events. This position will be for the 2023-2024 academic year, starting in Fall quarter, and will be a mix of remote and in-person work.
The Events and Outreach Intern will report to the Communications Manager and work collaboratively with the UW Sustainability and Campus Sustainability Fund (CSF) teams to plan outreach opportunities and events, and then work to ensure the success of those efforts. Apply on Handshake (search job 7883193). The position will pay $21.48/hour and the student will be expected to work about 13 hours a week. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
UW Sustainability values and honors diverse experiences and perspectives, while striving to create welcoming and respectful learning environments, and promote access and opportunity for all. UW Sustainability encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Responsibilities will include:
- Representing UW Sustainability and Campus Sustainability Fund in outreach efforts, including speaking to student organizations, classes and other groups, along with tabling opportunities.
- Help staff to plan and develop outreach and engagement events, such research for topics and/or speakers for virtual or in-person events, plan and coordinate event schedules and logistics, assist with event budgets if applicable, take the lead on event set-up and take-down, coordinate list of event materials/needs, plan, coordinate and communicate with event stakeholders, and more. Example events may include a Fall sustainability exhibitor fair, Earth Day events, and a speaker series.
- Working with UW partners to secure venues as needed, and communicate with event speakers/exhibitors regarding logistical details.
- Participating in collaborative conversations with UW Sustainability and Campus Sustainability Fund teams to determine possible outreach opportunities, strategy and efforts.
- Help promote events and communication campaigns. This may entail postering around campus, helping to develop social media posts, drafting emails for campus partners, etc.
- Strong commitment and passion for diversity, inclusivity, and collaborative problem-solving.
- Work independently and have an entrepreneurial spirit to initiate projects.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to large audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing deadlines and prioritize time accordingly.
- Desire to work with team committed to intersectional sustainability.